Every second wasted adds to your unhealthiness – Till the time you don’t commit to a goal you will not make the desired effort to do it. You will keep allowing yourself to indulge in unhealthy activities till you don’t identify your problems. Once you work towards designing your health plan, you will naturally start being more mindful of what you eat and how much you move( or don’t).
You inspired awe when you were born, and as time flew by so did your aura of awe. There was no right and wrong at that time, no good or bad, your instincts were appreciated and allowed to exhibit themselves in the most natural way. There was no self editing, self judgement and you just flowed in the most natural way.
As you grew up you were moderated and controlled, told to do the right things, corrected at every step by structures of our society, families, religions and governments all seemed to know whats right for you. These structures of society dictated your actions and their lessons, which you were better without, seeped through to your sub conscious. Thereby developing a self editing software which crippled your awesomeness. The same has been going on from generation to generation.
The social prison, which cages your thoughts, limits your natural genius, forcing you to relinquish your instincts and choose a mechanical life instead. The things which you notice least are the biggest influencing factors here. Religion, family, governments all impose restrictions on your free spirit. They make you believe social acceptance and long term stability are the actual purpose of your life rather than creativity and imagination,
The blueprint of your life is designed by someone else even before you can make sense of the world properly. By the time you understand how the word works, you have already gone too far on the path of mediocrity to take a step back.
But there is always freewill and choice. At any point of time in your existence you can decide to realign your life and get in touch with your own awesomeness once again. There will be sacrifices, fights, feuds and misunderstandings, but all are a small price to pay in order realign with your awesomeness.
Realigning with your Awesome
Weed out the society induced stresses from your brain. There are methods ad ways to observe yourself, to find whether you are in tune with your own awesomeness and working on passions or your alignment is off, and you base your life on fear.
If you are in alignment with your awesome self, you will work on faith rather than on fear.
Here are some ways of recognizing and re aligning with your awesomeness:
- Pause: The first and most difficult aspect of realigning with your awesomeness is to take a break from whatever you are engaged in. Yes, the task demands you and it would be impossible for you to get away from it, but your life is more important than all the money you make.
- Silence Logic- Your socially conditioned brain will talk you out of all your attempts of realigning with your awesomeness, so observe these thoughts and let them pass till they get muted by themselves. Meditation or just sitting alone with oneself will be effective in doing this.
- Identify Bliss- It is not selfish to do whats best for you. After silencing the mind, it will be easy to identify things which make you feel blissful. These are the things you are genuinely passionate about. Things which you can work on endlessly, without expecting rewards.
- Flow- Once you attain this blissful picture, just let your spirit flow in this direction. Observe the resistance that you will face but do whatever it takes to overcome it to let your spirit flow.
This is how you will realign with your awesomeness. A state of mind with effortless execution of all tasks, a belief system fueled by faith not fear. This state will help you follow passionate pursuits and empower you with a relentless obsession which will help you fulfill your purpose on the planet.
We are not occupying Earth to spend most of our lives behind desks and jobs to ensure weekly and monthly sustenance. We are not here to spectate events, news, shows and the lives of those around us. We are here to contribute, and an awesome mindset will definitely contribute. My book 6 ways to the world elaborates on other ways of realigning with your awesome, read it now.
Antioxidants safeguard your body by removing free radicals which develop at the end of metabolic reactions inside your body. Antioxidants either prevent them from forming or act as scavengers for these free radicals.
Usually your body does a good job at getting rid of these active radicals by itself. But at certain times, due to fatigue, illness, environmental factors, it fails, this leads to a condition called Oxidative stress.
“The term is used to describe the condition of oxidative damage resulting when the critical balance between free radical generation and antioxidant defenses is unfavorable.”
This means that there is a mismatch between the number of free radicals being produced and your bodies natural ability to remove them. Oxidative stress leads to a umber of consequent diseases.
“A role of oxidative stress has been postulated in many conditions, including anthersclerosis, inflammatory condition, certain cancers, and the process of aging.”
To prevent this harmful condition and keep the free radicals in check, it is always advised to a have Antioxidants through the your diet.
Antioxidants in Food: Vitamins ACE
Although your body has several enzyme systems which help scavenge free radicals but essential micronutrient(Vitamin) sources which help eliminate them have to be taken through your diet.
Vitamins A( Beta Carotene, which is a precursor to vitamin A), C and E are prime antioxidants which help get rid of free radicals. Food sources which are rich in them should be an integral part of any diet plan as these cant be produced by the body.
VITAMIN A- It is the first of the antioxidants vitamins triumvirate. This fat soluble vitamin is also good for eyes, skin, bones and immunity. It supports normal functioning of major body organs as well. Here are some common food sources.
VITAMIN C- The second of the antioxidants vitamins triumvirate of Vitamins A, C and E, vitamin C has many other important uses like enhancing immunity. This water soluble vitamin also helps the body form and repair connective tissues, including bones, blood vessels and skin. Here are some common food sources of the same.
VITAMIN E- This fat soluble vitamin is really useful in skin, eye and hair problems. It is also useful in protection against neurological diseases like alzheimers other than being one of the most powerful antioxidants. Here are some food sources.
Antioxidants and India
The Indian style of cooking includes many natural occurring antioxidants. Vegetables and vegetables and even spices contain vital antioxidants. It is very beneficial to derive your antioxidants from natural sources as far as possible so that there is less risk of commercial adulteration.
The concept of functional foods is gaining prominence because of changing lifestyles and diseases.
“Functional food enters the concept of considering food not only necessary for living but also as a source of mental and physical well-being, contributing to the prevention and reduction of risk factors for several diseases or enhancing certain physiological functions”
So be mindful of what you eat and try to focus more on eating for your body beyond the tongue.
Have a Good Day
Everything in the universe has rhythm, everything dances. Your body is no different. It has its own graceful way of flowing across the visual spectrum, in perfect sync with its surroundings. Calisthenics utilizes this grace of movement to achieve bodily fitness. I thought it would be helpful for sharing 5 tips for a beginners calisthenic workout program, so that it would be easier for people to practice this connatural way of staying healthy.
What is Calisthenics?
This beautiful form of exercise, in which you use nothing other than your own body weight, originated in ancient Greece. Its rhythmic nature and aesthetic grace make it more of an art form than exercise. The creative possibilities of this form of training is endless.
How to practice it?
A beginners calisthenic workout comprises basic body weight exercises like planks, push ups and pull ups. As your body gets more accustomed to the basic movements, you use your creativity to generate more resistance by rearranging your center of gravity and finding variations.
Top 5 tips for a beginners calisthenic workout program
After practicing it for over 3 years now, I still believe I am far from being a calisthenic expert. Just like life, the learning process with this unconventional exercise form is endless. Nonetheless the experience over these years has helped me gather a few insights which will be helpful to anyone wanting to partake in a beginners calisthenic workout.
Here are 5 tips for a beginners calisthenic workout program:
- Its all about the CORE – Core stability forms the basis of most body weight workouts. So one must ensure a strong set of abdominal and gluteal muscles. This can only be accomplished by using many static hold exercises like the plank, v-ups, plie holds etc.
- Static to Dynamic– To ensure proper muscle development, beginners must always move from static exercises to dyanmic ones. Before you get into variations which involve a lot of movement you must always engage in static exercises (as mentioned above). This will help you identify and engage all the muscles associated with that specific movement.
- Push and Pull – If you really want to pursue calisthenics be ready to do push ups and pull ups without counting. These are the most common body weight exercises. If these are mastered then they form the basis of more creative movements. Try to reach a level of natural ease with push ups and pulls up before going in for something more complicated.
- The Medrano Effect– Out of the thousands of things you watch online everyday, spend 15 mins noticing the movements of experts in the field of calisthencis. Not with intention of aping them blindly(it wouldn’t be possible, they have been practicing this discipline for too long), but understand the harmony and rhythm of movement. Frank Medrano is to calisthenics was Muhammad Ali was to Boxing or Sachin Tendulkar was to Cricket, Do check him out.
- Power lies in Patience– Don’t be afraid to fall a hundred times over, don’t be disheartened if the movements that you envisioned yourself doing, don’t happen too soon. The most important tip for a beginners calisthenic workout plan is patience. Your resolve will surely be tested, but your patience will not go unrewarded. With the game plan set its time you take the plunge into this beautiful discipline wholeheartedly. The benefits of calisthenics are plentiful. These include:
- No equipment required
- Can be performed anywhere at anytime(even at home)
- Full body workout
- More scope for creativity and fun than dumbbells
- Its functional nature helps develop relevant muscles in perfect proportion
- Its rhythmic nature brings harmony to the mind
With so many benefits I think everyone must make calisthenics a part of their workout routines. Hope you can use and share these 5 tips for a beginners calisthenic workout program in your circle of healthy friends.
Misfit, rebel, freak, clown are the common nomenclature for people who stand out from the crowd. These people belong to two categories, one, who are clueless about whats going on in their lives, and the others who care less about the mediocre opinion around them while chasing greatness. The latter category justify their strangeness in due time, as to achieve anything significant one has to go beyond the status quo.
The most important factor which legitimizes your success is your conviction in pursuing your dream. The ones who find their purpose and chase it as if their existence depends on it leave no choice to themselves but to appear strange to the masses around them, who dispel anything other than their mediocre and mundane normality.
It is safe to say that if you are not labeled a freak by these normality lovers, your grind and hustle are controlled and will not reap desired results. Being a little strange is a pre-requisite on your passionate pursuit. All great inventors and entrepreneurs were considered strange till they realized their dreams, from then on they were celebrated and worshiped.
No one wants you to stand out of the crowd
The thing about a crowd is, it always has the majority, it never wants you to separate from it, it will be the first to laugh at you or criticize your first mistake. It is the bitter truth, but human nature goes against the so called strangers who are on passionate pursuits.
The basic instincts of human propagate security and togetherness, so the first attempt of someone wanting to do something more or separating themselves from the status quo is questioned, criticized and suppressed. Everyone close to you, seems to have all the ideas as to why your new idea wont work, this quashes all your attempts and philosophies of breaking the status quo.
But only the ones whose dream is bigger than their reality can make this difficult decision of going against the crowd and bear all the criticism till a time when the crowd mutes, starts noticing the genius in your strangeness and finally starts following the new order that you live by.
Only Freaks achieve freakish goals
First they will ridicule you, then they will notice you, then they will praise you and finally start following you.
The strange people who are on passionate pursuits have desires so intense that it subliminally infiltrates their immediate surroundings. It percolates into the weak souls around them, enlightening them and empowering them to not be afraid to be strange in order to achieve their dreams .
A little insanity is a must in order to make great goals come alive. Those people who take the risk of temporarily appearing strange to a certain group of people, end up achieving much more than that entire group of people. Just like the bird who takes the risk of separating itself from security of the flock, discovers pastures richer in nectar and seeds.
If you’re going to try go all the way
A photo posted by Dinkrit Sethi (@dinktionary) on
So its OK to be strange if you are chasing passionate pursuits, just remember that if you’re going to try go all the way. Don’t let a few people with a limited mindset distract you from the greater goals you chase. Don’t let anyone come in between you and your ultimate dreams, your critics will soon turn into your fans if your conviction towards your dreams is sustained.